New Superintendent / Principal
Lassen has a new Superintendent/Principal, Morgan Nugent. Mr. Nugent has been with the DoDEA for the last 10 years, last serving as a principal at Osan Air Base in Songtan, South Korea. Mr. Nugent brings his broad academic and leadership experience to build on the progresses that have been made by Mr. McCabe and his Administrative team.
New Communications Portal
In keeping with our goal of better communication with teachers our district has adopted a new communication platform within Aeries called Communications.
Communications is a simple tool that allows for quick, easy and secure engagement with parents, students, and staff.
How does Communications allow parents to remain up-to-date with district, school, and classroom communication?
- Parents/guardians can customize notification preferences – email, phone calls, and/or text messaging
- Parents/guardians can respond to direct messages straight from email
- Parents/guardians can create and receive messages in their preferred language
- Get started right away by logging into the Aeries Parent Portal.
- You will need to fill out your yearly data confirmation in your parent portal.
- After confirmation click on Communications
- Once inside, you can customize your preferences
- Respond Start (or Stop) to the opt-in text message OR
- Simply let all communication land in your inbox
Online Free/Reduced Lunch Application
We also have moved our free/reduced lunch form online. This is a quick, simple way to fill out this form. You can even choose “Do Not Qualify” if you would like to not fill it out. This helps us track participation in the program so you do not get reminders to fill out the form.
Fist Day of School & Data Confirmation
The Data Confirmation can be completed on the Parent Portal. This needs to be completed before the first day of school which is August 19th 2019. Once you have completed the Data Confirmation you will have access to your student’s schedule as soon as they become available.
The first day is also a late start with school starting at 9:30 am. Thank you.
If you have any questions please contact the school at 530-257-2141 or Refer to Parent/Guardian Walkthrough located on our website under the Parents tab or contact Aeries support for more information.